Search This Blog

Monday, September 26, 2016

Kids/Children Consignment Sales

The one thing I missed about living one of the biggest cities and capital of my state was the huge Children's Consignment Sale at the State Fair Grounds.  Basically is a big yard sale from everything you need for a 0 to 12ish clothes, furniture, books, toys etc.   I scored allot of my furniture and some dolls at this meet, along with finding items at the flea market that meet my limited budget.

Now I am back to my hometown and noticed just recently that there is Consignment Sales actually several issue is this town is 20 years behind times.  There is alot of activities and festivals that are promoted like the telegraph was just invited.   Tiny little signs used for yard/garage signs,  hmmmm u heard of facebook, Instagram, hell even TV.

The 1st sale was the city one it was small, went on the 2nd day of the event and surprising made some good finds, 2 unopened sets of clothes, horse, jet ski and justin doll with drum, guitar, stand, and keyboard.  My haul cost me $18 which was half my allotted entertainment/escape fund, from a world of Cancer and Sjogrens since Dec 2007 (for cancer) and June 2010 for Sjogren's.  Working in 6th scale/playscale/Barbie allows me to combine my love of architecture, model building, story writing basically being able to use my imagination/







Growing up my sister and I were able to see uses for everyday items in the world of whatever scale we were playing with at the time.  I hope to use this skill in finding items for to sale in my online store that will provide money for my entertainment fund.  Hopefully I can expanded it and make enough money to help pay down my ever mounting medical bills.

The next sale is suppose to be the weekend of Oct 6-8th.  

2 comments: